First worldwide online-snowboard-contest
On December the 15th, 2008, the heads behind BESTTRICK bring you a new snowboard-trick-battle on WWW.KING-OF-SNOW.COM
. Yeah, it's true, from December on you will be able to battle in Game of S.K.A.T.E.–mode for quite a big amount of cash. And the best part: everybody can take part for free! And we really mean EVERYBODY – from all around the world!
Copy the tricks of the pros with your own skills and your own style on similar obstacles of your choice, wherever you are, and win 5.000,- USD cash as well as fame (by various short-interviews published worldwide).This winter it's one worldwide session!
Every 14 days, one of your favourite pros shows a trick on www.king-of-snow.com
which you should copy over the next two weeks on a similar obstacle, then film it and upload it to the platform. To score extra points in the worldwide ranking, you should style your tricks as good as you can, because in every round (wich means every 14 days) the most hard or most stylish trick will be rewarded with a huge stuff-package.You're gonna be rich and famous!
Who, after 8 rounds, has picked up the most points, will be crowned King Of S.N.O.W and will be rewarded with 5.000 USD and short interviews with all our media-partners worldwide. To keep things exciting until the very end, we will give out letters for every trick you did not manage to copy – similar to the rules of well-known Game of S.K.A.T.E This means, you have three free shots and get a letter for every of those tries (S.N.O.). The fourth trick not done gives you the last letter (W.), which makes S.N.O.W complete – and you're out, your points forfeit. This means: even if somebody clearly is on top, it's still possible for him to lose all points in the last round theoretically!Register now for free!
Create your own account now on www-king-of-snow.com. You will also find all further information HERE. So make sure to visit regularly, to keep yourself up to date and on top of the game.The RULES:
All given tricks of this contest were performed by professionals. Please don’t try to copy them on the same level if you’re not capable to handle it. Do not overestimate yourself! We’re pretty sure it’s much more fun to learn on a lower level and ride away successfully than bringing the session to an abrupt ending by a stay in hospital. Thanks and have fun with a virtual session!
1. Every second Monday, a top-snowboarder presents a trick for you to imitate.
2. You have a maximum of two weeks to redo the trick. Please upload the video-sequence of your trick to www.king-of-snow.com.
A countdown shows the time left for uploads.
3. During a round, all other users are able to rate your trick, even if they're not taking part by themselves.
4. The one who does the trick best and scores the highest ratings, wins the round. The winner will be presented with a valuable price immediately and is mentioned in the news-sections of the media partners worldwide.
5. The ratings of the single tricks sum up to the King of S.N.O.W-Ranking. Who owns the highscore and is on first place after the contest is over, is crowned King of S.N.O.W and pockets the first prize.
6. If you can't manage to finish a trick within the time stated or if a trick isn't completely done or finished in a clean way (if your hand or another bodypart is touching the ground, or it isn't clearly identifiable whether you rode away or not), you'll get a letter.
7. If this happens to you four times and you collected the sequence of the four letters S.N.O.W, you're out of the contest and your points forfeit. So you can't bail more than three tricks. Make it four bails and you're out!
8. You're free to choose where in the world and on whatever obstacle you want to redo the trick (for example: if a trick was made on a kicker in the first place, you have to do it on a kicker too, but you can use whatever kicker you want – park or backcountry, you choose. Same thing for rails, and so on). Better skills and style will surely convince the audience to grant you more points.
9. You can join the contest until the fourth given trick is on... But you will get a letter for every missed one. If you enter in round #3, two tricks will be over by then, so you get letters "S" and "N", but still will have a chance to be crowned King of S.N.O.W and score first prize.
10. The voting for your tricks end, when the period for uploading is over. So upload your tricks as early as possible and more people will have a chance to vote for you.
11. To take part in, you´ll need your own BESTTRICK-account at www.king-of-snow.com.
12. All tricks uploaded by you, have to be done by you personally. Please SHOW YOUR FACE directly after you made a trick, give us a smile right into the cam. Footage on which you cannot be identified, will be declined.
13. Older and already uploaded videos at BESTTRICK.COM won't be accepted, since you should redo tricks, not give them.
14. Our fair-playing judges will decide whether a trick counts or not. This decision will be correct – and is final.
15. If you don't observe these rules, you will be banned from the contest.
16. The organizers are not liable for any human injury or material damage.
17. There is no legal recourse.Tacky is of course a media partner of the contest, so stay tuned for updates throughout the winter!